Saturday, May 3, 2008

Artist #5- Ralph Lee Hopkins



I looked through the Ordover Gallery on-line and came across one of the current exhibits called "Photography at the Poles". This caught my interest because the North and South Poles are a places that very few people will ever get to travel to, so I think it is cool to see photographs of it to see what it looks like, and what the animals are like. I especially liked Ralph Lee Hopkins work in this gallery. I like landscape photography and wildlife photography and he had both in his work. The first image I posted is of the penguins standing atop a glacier, and one is in mid-dive into the water below. This reminds me that you always have to be ready with your camera - especially with wildlife pictures. It seems like there is a lot of waiting around just to get one perfect picture. That is true with the second picture I posted of the Polar Bear jumping off the glacier. If he would have caught it a second too early or late, he would have missed the jump.

No comments: